Poppy seed oil (wood oil), 100 ml
Poppy seed oil (Papaver somniferum)
Poppy is one of the oldest cultivated plants. Ancient finds of Stone Age poppy seeds indicate the widespread use of poppy in that period. Due to the many possibilities after further processing of the poppy for opium, morphine and heroin, general poppy cultivation is prohibited with us. Only blue poppy with a low alkaloids content is currently allowed for cultivation. On the market, all poppy varieties are available (gray, white and blue poppies), which can then be used for oil extraction.
This oil can be used for the maintenance of wooden handles, handles, cutting boards, sayas and other untreated wooden products. Because this oil dries much less quickly than linseed oil, it will penetrate deeper into the wood. Several layers of poppy seed oil give the wood a nice deep shine.
- 100 ml with a handy dosing cap. Can be applied directly to the wood, then rub in with a cloth or paper.
- The oil is made from pure poppy seed oil without added color odor or flavors. This maintenance oil is non-toxic and suitable for contact with food.
- The oil is organic and food safe
- The oil is extracted from the poppy seeds by cold pressing.
- The oil is also widely used for thinning oil paint
Culinary: Poppy seed oil is one of the special oils in the kitchen. Due to its pleasant poppy seed taste with a nutty, aromatic note, the food gives a subtle taste. However, it should not be heated, only add at the very last time during preparation. Ideal with salads, desserts, desserts, ice cream, etc.