Konosuke Sanjo YS-M Wa-Gyuto (chef's knife), Octagonal, Khii handle, 210 mm + Saya
Konosuke YS-M Wa-Gyuto, octagonal handle,
Konosuke are renowned for their beautifully finished knives, from the blade itself to the Studio Khii handles they add to their knives. This knife has a Double-sided ground blade with a core of semi-stainless Japanese YS steel (comparable in hardness to SG2 steel). The blade is sturdy and manually sharpened and has no thickening which makes grinding very easy. The greatt looking handle is traditional with its octagonal shape and is suitable for both left and right-handed use. The handle is made in the Khii studio.
The steel is always kept a secret but we have been reliably informed that this steel leans more towards carbon steel than the GS+ semi-stainless that we also sell. The core is sandwiched between a softer stainless cladding and has a hammered blacksmith finish.
- Blade length: 210 mm
- Total length: 365 mm
- Weight: 137 grams
- Blade Thickness: 4 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade Height: 47 mm
- Steel type: Japanese YS steel (semi-stainless), 3 layered with stainless outer layer. (Sanmai Forged)
- Hardness: 63-64 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: Octagonal handle from enju and maguro wood by Studio Khii.
- With handmade Magnolia wooden cover (saya)
- The color of the black Kuroichi layer is black with brown tones. The delivered knife may differ slightly from the one in the photo.
Particulars: Konosuke knives are available in a very limited edition. The blades are always produced in small batches. The polishing and grinding is done by various professionals who work exclusively for Konosuke. The level of finishing and grinding is incomparable. The Konosuke knives are among the best knives and according to many the most beautiful knives in the world and are real collector items.
Like all Japanese knives, the Konosuke knives are not dishwasher safe and feel for oxidation, cleaning and drying after each use and oiling (Camellia oil) is the best treatment for these exclusive products.