Kagemitsu flattening stone ( #60) -Medium-
Special stone for flattening and repairing your water stones
Flattening stone with a grain size of 60. This stone is specifically intended for the repair and maintenance of Japanese water stones. Frequent use can create a cavity in a water stone. With this repair stone, the water stone can be completely flattened.
This stone cannot be used as Nagura stone. Nagura stones are soft stones used to make a "slurry". After using a flattening stone, the water stone must first be rinsed well.
- Size stone: 180 x 60 x 25 mm (medium)
- Grit: # 60 grit
- Synthetic resin bonded with magnesium binder
- Abrasive: Granular Silicon Carbide (SiC), also known as carborundum
- A flattening stone is essential for the maintenance of Japanese water stones.
- High hardness and slow wear
- Very long life and high durability
- Cannot be used as Nagura stone