Traditional octagonal handle - Rosewood with white Ash ferrule - (3 sizes available)SKU: Kag-RoseAsh
Traditional Japanese style octagonal handle,
This handmade handle of Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia) is fitted with a lighter colored wooden bolster of White Ash (Fraxinus americana)
- Length: 11,5 (S), 13,5 (M) and 14,5 (L) cm
- Diameter (bottom): 23 x 18 mm (S), 25 x 20 mm (M), 27 x 24 mm (L),
- Weight: 20-25g (S), 30-35g (M), 45-55g (L)
- Size S: suitable for Petty or small Santoku, Nakiri (80-160 mm)
- Size M: suitable for Gyuto, Santoku, Nakiri (150-210 mm)
- Size L: suitable for large Gyuto, Sujihiki, yanagiba, etc from 210-360 mm
These handles can also be provided with a beautiful laser engraving. You can have your own name or message engraved (in Western characters but also in Traditional Japanese characters!). We can also engrave a handwritten name or signature.
- Of course we cannot give any guarantee on these handles if they have been fitted by you.
- These are handmade items and sizes and weight might differ slightly from the numbers mentioned in the description.
- Handles often need to be adjusted by filing or burning before a knife can be inserted.