Tosa Amakuni Aogami #2 Santoku kuroishi (Universal knife), 165 mmSKU: 13897
Tosa Amakuni Santoku, 165 mm
This Japanese knife has a core of Japanese Aogami # 2 carbon steel with a protective layer (Sanmai) on the outside. This double-sided sharpened knife has a black (Kurochi) protective layer. This knife is completely hand-forged in a small forge in Tosa. The blade is very thin and manually sharpened and has no thickening, which makes sharpening very easy.
- Blade length: 165 mm
- Total length: 310 mm
- Weight: 122 gram
- Steel type: core steel: Japanese Aogami # 2 steel "blue paper steel" (non-stainless) with 2 layers of softer steel on the outside and black Kurochi protective layer.
- Hardness: 62-63 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: oval cherry wood and black plastic head
- Suitable for right and left handed use
- Like all Japanese knives, Motokane handmade knives are not dishwasher safe, cleaning and drying after each use is the best treatment for these exclusive products.
There are no wooden sayas available for this knife.