Konosuke HD-2 Wa-Gyuto (chef's knife), octagonal Khii Ebony, 210 mm - with saya -
Konosuke HD-2 Wa-Gyuto, chef's knife
Double-sided sharpened blade made of semi-stainless Japanese HD-2 steel (comparable in hardness to Shirogami # 2 steel). The blade is sturdy and manually sharpened and has no thickening, which makes sharpening very easy. The handle is octagonal (suitable for right and left-handed use) and made of natural ebony with a light wooden bolster. A Gyuto is the Japanese chef's knife and is suitable for preparing meat and fish, but also for cutting vegetables.
- Blade length: 210 mm
- Total length: 355 mm
- Blade thickness: 2.15 mm (maximum)
- Weight: 104 gram
- Steel type: Double-sided ground Japanese HD-2 steel (semi-stainless), Suitable for right and left-handed use.
- Hardness: 61-62 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: octagonal handle. Natural Ebony with light brown wooden bolster from the Khii studio.
- This knife comes with a handmade wooden saya with Konosuke logo
Specifics: Konosuke knives are available in a very limited edition. The knives are always produced in small batches. Polishing and grinding is done by various professionals who work exclusively for Konosuke. The level of finishing and grinding is incomparable. Konosuke knives are among the best knives and according to many among the most beautiful knives in the world and are real collector's items.
Like all Japanese knives, the Konosuke knives are not dishwasher safe and feel for oxidation, cleaning and drying after each use and putting in the oil (Camellia oil) is the best treatment for these exclusive products.