Tomita Higo Naifu Rentetsu, hammer forged, black blade
Tomita Higo Naifu Rentetsu 100 mm
This Japanese Higo knife has a core of Japanese Shirogami # 2 "White paper" carbon steel (non-stainless) with an outer layer and handle of soft and rolled Rentetsu steel (120-130 year old wrought iron). To be able to recycle this old wrought iron (from old tracks, ship chains, and tools) the steel has to be folded many times. This creates a kind of damascus steel. This is still nice to see during the production of the handle. By folding the handle, very beautiful patterns appear on the sides.
This double-sided sharpened knife is completely forged by hand by the master smith of Tomita. The blade is sturdy (3.5 mm) and manually sharpened and is very easy to sharpen yourself. Note that the stated length has been measured incl. The Chikiri (lever), the cutting length of the blade with a 100 mm Higonokami is approximately 75 mm. This is measured according to the traditional Japanese method.
- Blade length (from the tip to the Chikiri): 100 mm
- Total length: 210 mm
- Weight: 70-80 gram
- Steel type: core steel: Japanese Shirogami # 2 steel (not stainless), Hammer Forged Sanmai forged with Rentetsu steel on the outside, black "Kuroichi" surface
- Hardness: 63-64 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: Turned Rentetsu steel
- Comes in a beautiful Kiri wooden box.
We only sell the knives in our range to people 18 years and older. By ordering a knife from us you declare that you are over 18 years old!