Tosa Matsunaga Aogami damascus Sujihiki (sashimi knife), 300 mmSKU: 14450
Tosa Matsunaga Sujihiki, 300 mm
This Japanese chef's knife has a core of Japanese Aogami carbon steel with a damascus (multi-layer) protective layer on the outside. This double-sided sharpened knife is completely hand-forged by the masters from Tosa. The blade is very thin and manually sharpened.
- Blade length: 300 mm
- Total length: 460 mm
- Weight: 232 grams
- Steel type: core steel: Japanese Aogami # 2 steel "Blue paper steel" (non-stainless) with 2 layers of softer steel on the outside (suminagashi forged)
- Hardness: 63 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: D-shape Chestnut and black plastic head (right-handed use)
- These knives are not rust resistant and are prone to oxidation, they will develop a patina over time, however this is easy to remove with a medium sanding pad and some steel polish.
- These knives are sharpened from the forge to about 2000 grit, making them sharp but not "razor sharp". If you want to have the blades polished, you can let us do this. Please add our "Edge-polishing service" to your order and we will then polish the cut to 12,000 grit for a razor sharp result.
Like all Japanese knives, these handmade knives are not dishwasher-proof, after every use cleaning and drying is the best treatment for these exclusive products.
There are no wooden sayas available for this knife.