Kenmizaki Satomi Santoku (universal knife), KZ-101, 165 mm
Kenmizaki Satomi Santoku, KZ-101
These Kenmizaki Satomi knives manufactured in Japan have a very good price/quality ratio. The blade has a core of rust resistant Japanese High-Carbon Molybdenum Vanadium steel and a softer steel type on the outside (Sanmai forged). It's is equipped with a traditional Japanese handle of untreated Honoki wood. This santoku blade is suitable for embossing vegetables and herbs. Cutting meat and fish and is considered the universal knife in Japanese cuisine. The blade is double-sided.
- Blade length: 165 mm
- Total length: 300 mm
- Weight: 118 gram
- Thickness: 3,80 mm (bij het heft) en 1,3 mm (midden van lemmet)
- Double-sided sharpened, suitable for right and left-handed use.
- Steel grade: rust resistant Japanese High-Carbon Molybdenum Vanadium steel with Koroichi (black protective layer) and fine Tsuchime (Hammer) finish.
- Sanmai forged with a softer steel type on the outside. (3 layer steel)
- Hardness: 57-58 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: traditional Honoki wooden handle, oval. With red plastic bolster
Like all Japanese knives, these Kenmizaki Satomi knives are not dishwasher safe, clean and dry after every use is the best treatment for these exclusive products.