Motosuke Nagao Higonokami SK-5 Black
Motosuke Nagao Higonokami SK-5 Black,
This Japanese Higonokami knife is made of Japanese SK-5 carbon steel (non-stainless). This hard core steel is clamped with a softer steel type for protection. Due to the high hardness of the core steel, this knife stays sharp for a very long time. This double-sided sharpened knife is completely hand-forged by the only master smith who can make Higonokami knives (Motosuke Nagao). The blade is firm and manual sharpened and is very easy to sharpen yourself. This knife can be ordered in 3 different lengths, you can select the correct length in your ordering process. (Because these are handmade products, the final knife delivered may be a few mm longer or shorter than the stated length). Note that the stated length is measured including the Chikiri (lever), the cutting length of the blade with a 100mm Higonokami is about 75mm. This is measured according to the traditional Japanese method.
- Blade length (from the point to the Chikiri): 90 mm (M), 100 mm (L), 120 mm (EL)
- Total length: 160 mm (M), 170 mm (L), 215 mm (EL)
- Weight: 31.3 grams (M), 40.4 grams (L), 66.2 grams (EL)
- Steel grade: core steel: Japanese SK-5 steel (not stainless), Sanmai forged (laminated steel).
- Hardness: 61 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: black stainless steel.
Please note that these knives are sent as a letterbox pack to keep costs as low as possible for you. You will receive a Tracktrace code.
We only sell the knives in our range to people aged 18 and older. By ordering a knife with us you declare to be over 18 years old!