Konosuke HD-2 Wa-Gyuto (chef's knife), octagonal Khii ebony, 240 mm - saya -
Konosuke HD-2 Wa-Gyuto, chef's knife
Double-sided sharpened blade of semi-stainless Japanese HD-2 steel (comparable in hardness with Shirogami #2 steel). The blade is sturdy and manually sharpened and has no thickenings, which makes sharpening very easy. The handle is octagonal (suitable for right and left hand use) and made of natural ebony with light wooden bolster. A Gyuto is the Japanese chef's knife and is suitable for preparing meat and fish, but also for cutting vegetables.
- Blade length: 240 mm
- Total length: 385 mm
- Blade thickness: 2.15 mm (maximum)
- Weight: 120-130 grams
- Steel type: Double-sided sharpened Japanese HD-2 steel (semi-stainless), Suitable for right and left-handed use.
- Hardness: 61-62 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: octagonal handle. Natural Ebony with wooden bolster from the Khii studio.
- This knife comes incl. handmade wooden saya with Konosuke logo
Details: Konosuke knives are available in a very limited edition. The knives are always produced in small batches. The polishing and grinding is done by various craftsmen who work exclusively for Konosuke. The level of finishing and grinding is incomparable. The Konosuke knives are among the best knives and according to many the most beautiful knives in the world and are real collector's items.
Like all Japanese knives, the Konosuke knives are not dishwasher safe and sensitive to oxidation, cleaning and drying after each use and putting in the oil (camellia oil) is the best treatment for these exclusive products.