Konosuke MM Blue gyuto (chef's knife), 270 mm, Khii ebony -incl. saya- (without steel stamp)
Konosuke MM Blue gyuto, 270 mm, Ebony handle, Aogami # 2 steel
Double-sided cut blade of traditional Japanese Aogami # 2 steel (hardened to 62 HRc). The blade is extremely thin and manually sharpened and has no thickening which makes grinding very easy. The handle is octagonal and made of exclusive ebony and is made with the traditional fastening technique where the nakago is milled in for which Konosuke is known. The knife is designed to cut fish, meat and vegetables and is the best-selling kitchen knife model.
- Blade length: 270 mm
- Total length: 420 mm
- Blade height: 41 mm
- Weight: 204 grams
- Steel type: Japanese Aogami # 2 steel (non-stainless) with softer non-stainless steel on the outside.
- Hardness: 61-62 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: Straight octagonal handle with very beautiful black-brown Japanese Khii ebony with bolster of lighter wood
- Including matching Magnolia wooden saya (protective cover)
- This knife does not have the "青鋼" (Blue steel) stamp on the blade
Particulars: Konosuke knives are available in a very limited edition. The blades are always produced in small batches. The polishing and grinding is done by various professionals who work exclusively for Konosuke. The level of finishing and grinding is incomparable. The Konosuke knives are among the best knives in the world and are real collector items.
Like all Japanese knives, the Konosuke knives are not dishwasher safe, cleaning and drying after each use is the best treatment for these exclusive products.