Takeshi Saji Rainbow Damascus Bunka (universal knife), 170 mm
Takeshi Saji Rainbow Damascus,
Blade made of non-stainless Japanese Aogami #2 steel with two layers of damacus steel with copper and brass for the outside. This knife is completely hand-forged by the famous master smith Takeshi Saji (1949). Saji is mainly known for its hunting knives and these kitchen knives are made in the same style. The finish is particularly high and the handle is made from ironwood. These knives are very special collector's items made by a world-famous master blacksmith. These knives are perhaps one of the most beautiful knives in the world. The knives come in a handmade Japanese wooden box made of Kiri (Paulownia) wood.
A bunka is a double-sided sharpened knife that is intended for cutting meat and fish, but is also suitable for embossing (chopping) fruit and vegetables.
- Blade length: 170 mm
- Total length: xxx mm
- Weight: xxx grams
- Blade thickness (measured 1 cm from the blade): xx mm
- Steel type: core steel: Japanese Aogami #2 (Blue paper steel) steel with 2 layers of non-stainless damascus steel for the outer layer. The unique pattern is obtained by using layers made from rust-resistant stainless steel, brass, and copper.
- Hardness: 62-63 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: red-brown Ironwood with steel bolster and Mosaic pin
- Comes with handmade Japanese wooden box made of Kiri (Paulownia) wood.
Like all Japanese knives, these handmade Takeshi Saji knives are not dishwasher safe, cleaning and drying after each use is the best treatment for these exclusive products.