Kinzo Temagari - Japanese saw - with pistol grip
Kinzo 金 蔵 Japanese single sided draw saw (Temagari)
This professional Kinzo saw has a distinctive flexible saw blade (without reinforced back) that is single-sided. This saw is intended for scaling (sawing with the fiber) or for use in cutting fresh wood. The Kinzo cuts quickly and efficiently without having to change the saw or saw blade.
This traditional Temagari saw has very good cutting characteristics and can be used for rough work. The saw is traditionally equipped with a wooden (pistol grip) handle and a razor sharp ground saw blade in three different lengths.
The saw has a three-sided sharpened trapezoidal toothing (7 TPI). The saw blades of this Temagari are hardened but the teeth can be reground.
Replacement blades are not available.
This saw comes with plastic cover and is available in three different sizes
- Blade length: 300, 330 and 360 mm
- Total length: from 510 mm
- Weight: from 138 grams
- Cutting thickness: runs from 1 mm at the handle to 0.3 mm to the end.
- Cut: 7 tpi (set)
- Steel type: Japanese carbon steel (58-59 HRc),
- Magnolia wooden handle partially wrapped with rattan
- This saw is non-rust resistant.
- Made in Japan