Suiheikun Flattening stone ( #100) -Large-
Special grinding stone for flattening and repair of your water stones
Flattening stone with a grain size of 100. This stone is specifically intended for the repair and maintenance of Japanese water stones. Due to frequent use, a cavity can be formed in a water stone. With this repair stone, the water stone can be completely completely flattened.
This stone can not be used as a Nagura stone. Nagura stones are soft stones that are used to make a "slurry". Due to the coarseness of # 100 of this stone, this "slurry" will make the knife more smooth. After using a flattening stone, the waterstone must be rinsed first.
- Dimensions of the stone: 240 x 100 x 40 mm (large)
- Grain: # 100 grit
- Artificial resin bonded with magnesium binder
- Abrasive: White Aluminum Oxide (AlO3)
- A flattening stone is essential for the maintenance of Japanese waterstones.
- High hardness and slow wear
- Very long life and high durability
- Can not be used as Nagura stone