Tosa Niyodogawa Aogami #1 Nakiri kuroishi (vegetable knife), 165 mmSKU: 7622
Tosa Niyodogawa Nakiri, 165 mm
This Japanese vegetable knife has a core of non-rust resistant Japanese Aogami # 1 carbon steel with a protective layer (Sanmai) on the outside. This double-sided sharpened knife has a black (Kurochi) protective layer. This knife is completely forged by hand by the master smiths from Tosa on the shores of the Niyodo river and is unique in its kind. The blade is very thin and sharpened manually and has no thickening which makes sharpening by hand on Japanese water stones very easy.
For the engraving you can select 3 options:
- no engraving (only the small mark of the Steel type)
- Standard Niyodogawa engravement (see images)
- Your own text (name, date or other text. This can be done in Japanese characters or just western characters)
- Blade length: 165 mm
- Total length: 310 mm
- Weight: 170-180 grams
- Steel type: core steel: Japanese Aogami # 1 steel "Blue paper steel" (non-stainless) with 2 layers of softer steel on the outside and black Kurochi protective layer.
- Hardness: 63 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: oval-shaped Chestnut wood and black plastic head (the plastic can contain some production marks, these are not defects)
Like all Japanese knives, the handmade knives from Motokane are not dishwasher safe, cleaning and drying after each use is the best treatment for these exclusive products.
There are no wooden sayas available for this knife.