Kitaoka Shirogami Suminagashi Deba (traditional cleaver) 165 mm - C511 -
Kitaoka Shirogami - 10 layer Suminagashi (damascus) - Deba (cleaving knife) -C-511,
Laminated blade with a core (Hagane) of Japanese Shirogami # 1 steel (white paper steel) and an outer layer (Jigane) of damascus made by the famous knife maker Hideo Kitaoka. The traditional blade is manually sharpened and is sharpened on one side. Deba knives are traditionally used in Japan for fish preparation. Because the blade is very thick, the knife is suitable for removing the head, fins and tail. but it can also be used for poultry or other meat that can still contain bone or cartilage.
- Blade length: 165 mm
- Total length: 305 mm
- Weight: 254 grams
- Blade thickness: 8 mm
- Steel type: core steel: Non-stainless Japanese Shirogami steel with damascus steel on the outside.
- Hardness: 63-64 (Rockwell C)
- Handle: Traditional Octagonal Sandalwood (beware, the images show a d-shaped handle!)
- Bolster: black Pakka wood
- Particulars: Kasumi-yaki blade made of a suminagashi jigane and a shirogami hagane. Single-sided sharpened for right-handed use.
Like all Japanese knives, these hand forged Kitaoka knives are not dishwasher safe, cleaning and drying after each use is the best treatment for these exclusive products.